Introduction to Music Through Violin
Introduction to Music Through Violin is for beginner-level students, ages four to six. This course will provide students with a solid foundation for successful violin playing and musicianship. Rolling admission will occur through Fall of 2014 and tuition prorated with enrollment. Group class and private lesson instruction is based on the methods of Mimi Zweig, Shinichi Suzuki, and Paul Rolland. This program will include the following elements:
- Introduction to playing the violin effortlessly with tension-free technique in a challenging but fun environment.
- Introduction to ear training and basic music theory.
- Weekly private lessons and weekly group lessons.
- Group- and solo-performance opportunities.
Learn more about the Introduction to Music Program here.
Music for Very Young People
Music Time for Babies and Toddlers (Ages 4 months to 2 years)
A music movement program designed for babies and toddlers and their parents/caregivers. This class exposes your babies to rich musical environment through listening and moving to various music styles, singing songs, chanting rhymes, bouncing, ticking, wiggling, and playing small percussion instruments. This class guides parents/caregivers to choose music and create music activities at home.
Music Time for Families (Ages 2 – 3 ½ years)
A music movement program designed for children ages 2 -3½ and their parents/caregivers. Children explore their vocal skills and develop steady beat in more independent music activities. Children learn to share instruments and love each other as they participate group music making. Class activities include:
- Listen, dance, and move to different styles of music
- Sing songs, chant rhymes, finger plays, and participate music circle games
- Play basic percussion instruments
- Opportunities to contribute ideas to the class
Music Makers (Ages 3 ½ through 4 years old )
This class is designed for children ages 3 – 4 without parental participation in the class.
- Group and simple solo singing to explore children’s voices and develop pitch matching skills
- Dalcroze Eurhymics develops steady beat, large and small motor skills, special awareness, body
control, and improves large motor skills
- Playing percussion instruments
- Visiting instruments help children with timbre recognition and expands instrumental
Dalcroze Eurythmics I (Ages 5 – 6)
Dalcroze Eurhymics I is a movement based program designed for children ages 5-6. Children learn basic music concepts of pitch, rhythm, and dynamics through fine listening and creative movement. Reading and writing simple music are introduced after they have fully experienced these concepts. Class activities and benefits include:.
- Music Movement develops steady beat, large and small motor skills, special awareness,
body control, and improve locomotor skills
- Play pitch and un-pitched percussion instruments
- Quick reaction games improve listening skills and concentration.
- Social interaction with joy.
Additional information and registration form for Music for Very Young people can be found here.